I work with people experiencing difficult problems. These problems go by many names, and may be new or old, but all share the common trait of stubbornly obstructing our happiness. You might find yourself feeling depressed, stuck or directionless, unable to steer toward a more hopeful future. You might struggle with the overwhelming complexity of your life, or feel paralyzed by the choices it presents. You might lament the harshness with which you treat yourself or those you love. Whatever they do, however they operate, these problems make life needlessly hard.
My approach integrates positive, strength-based techniques to help you untangle the problems you face, and begin crafting the life you want to live.
I offer support with a range of problems, including:
- Disconnection from oneself, low self-regard or self-worth, feeling ‘lost’ or aimless
- Disconnection from other people, such as feeling alone, detached, unloved or unloveable
- Reliance on outside means, such as substances, shopping, sex or work, for safety, comfort or contentment
- Ongoing low mood, sense of dread, despair, or lack of fulfillment in life
- Difficulty asserting oneself, or having one’s needs, preferences or desires met or respected
- Volatility in relationships with oneself or others.
Addressing what’s ‘wrong’ with us is only half the story to building a meaningful life. With the most pressing problems resolved, I help to:
- Identify and build character strengths
- Clarify and cultivate guiding values
- (Re)discover depth of meaning and purpose.